Congratulations on your pregnancy and thank you for considering ‘Prana Mama Yoga’ to support you as you prepare for the birth of your baby. This is such a special and important time in your family’s life and the opportunity to work with you is a real privilege.
I used ‘The Mongon Method’ of HypnoBirthing to bring about the relaxed and enjoyable births of both of my children, and as an experienced Pregnancy and Postnatal Yoga teacher, I have witnessed and experienced the power of nature and the instinctual ability of both mother and baby to birth in a gentle, calm and joyful way.
It is so important to feel comfortable and confident as you approach your birthing day and also in your choice of healthcare professionals, including your HypnoBirthing Practitioner, so we hope you enjoy learning a bit more here.
What is HypnoBirthing?
HypnoBirthing is a tried and proven method to bring about safer, easier more comfortable birthing.
It empowers parents to take responsibility for the birth of your baby and actively seek the care and birthing environment that you hope for with confidence and calm.
The programme supports all aspects of the mother (emotional, mental and physical) and sees baby and father/partner as active participants in the birth.
The programme includes breathing techniques, relaxation, visualisation, meditative practice, attention to nutrition and toning the physical body so that Mum can tune into her natural instincts and birth her baby in an easier, stress-free, comfortable way and in good humour. Whether she’s birthing at home, in hospital or in a birthing centre.
And when baby arrives, the positive birthing experience along with the special bond and connection that the family unit has established lays the foundation for a happy and healthy future.
The course will teach you much about yourself, your body and your baby and your baby’s Father/birth companion will also learn lots of ways in which they can extend support to you, to your baby and to themselves during this magical life event. With some fun and laughter along the way!
The Mongon Method
The Mongon Method of HypnoBirthing is the longest running community dedicated to using hypnosis in childbirth. It was founded in the United States in early 1989 by Marie “Mickey” Mongan. The Mongan Method of HypnoBirthing is the pioneer and leader in birth education with hypnosis. Several decades and thousands of classes later, HypnoBirthing is the most widely used childbirth hypnosis programme in the world. Today, there are HypnoBirthing practitioners in 46 countries around the world who are helping women become aware of the benefits of calm, instinctive birthing for themselves and their babies. The practitioner training courses are accredited by the Royal College of Midwives.
Key benefits of HypnoBirthing
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and other drugs.
- Shortens labour.
- Enables mother to stay alert, awake, in good humour and maintain energy levels throughout labour and birth.
- Helps to maintain and improve oxygen supply to baby during birth.
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing.
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting.
- Empowers parents to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby.
What you will learn
- Everything you need to know to achieve a safer, easier more comfortable birth.
- How your body is designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby naturally and gently.
- How to draw on natural birthing instincts to birth the way nature intended.
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to eliminate fear and tension, that cause pain and prolongs labour, and replace them with confidence and calm.
- How to create and control the body’s own natural relaxant and anaesthesia.
- Specific breathing techniques to practise during and between uterine surges so that you can breathe your baby into the world and avoid hard physical “pushing”.
- Natural ways to encourage labour to start without artificial chemical induction.
- How to create a birthing environment that is calm, comfortable and welcoming.
- The importance of perinatal boding.
The programme is delivered to you and your birth companion over 5 weekly sessions, where possible, and each lasts around 2.5 hours. Taking the course over an extended period of time gives you chance to consider and digest all that you’re learning, put the techniques into consistent regular practise and ask questions along the way. You can take classes privately in your home or in a group format.
The programme is delivered to you and your birth companion over 5 sessions each lasting about 2.5 hours. These take place on a weekly basis, where possible, to enable you to digest the information and put the techniques into consistent and regular practise. I currently deliver the programme in your own home for you, your partner, birth companion or whoever you would like there to support you.
The programme costs £350 inclusive of materials (There may be an additional charge for travel dependant on the distance to your home or preferred location).
A reduced rate of £310 per person/couple inclusive of materials is available if you have a friend (and birth companions) who would like to undertake the programme at the same time, which means you can share your experiences together.
If you know another couple who would also like to embark on HypnoBirthing then group courses are available, do get in touch to register your interest.
Partners or Birth Companions are encouraged to attend.
HypnoBirthing classes are informal and relaxed and places will be limited to four individuals or couples to ensure a comfortable and friendly environment.
The HypnoBirthing programme includes
- A copy of the latest HypnoBirthing text book by Marie Mongan, founder of The Mongan Method, which we will refer to in class and you can use at home.
- A CD or MP3 for your relaxation including the ‘Rainbow Relaxation’ and ‘Affirmations’
- Written scripts for your home practice.
- Birth prompts and supports for your Birth Companion.
- Guidance for planning your birth preferences.
- Light refreshments.
- Ongoing support from when you sign-up.
- Access to a private WhatsApp group to help you foster friendships with other like-minded families.
Please feel free to get in touch to discuss if you have any questions or require further information.
When you’re ready to book simply drop us a message to confirm your requirements. Click here for contact details.
Full payment required to secure your booking.
We will aim to answer all enquiries within 48 hours. If you haven’t received a response in this period, please check your spam folder or contact us on 07817 749743.